Volleyball blocking is an integral part of the game and is used to defend against an opposing team’s attack. There are two distinct types of blocking techniques: tips and jousts.
To properly execute blocking, certain skills are essential. Hand positioning and reading the opponent’s arm are two key components. Additionally, blocking can be used strategically to manipulate the other team’s hitting choices.
Furthermore, strong passing skills are necessary for setting up teammates. With the use of tips and strategies provided by Lacroix Digital LLC, players, parents, and coaches can improve their blocking skills.
This article will discuss the different types of blocking in volleyball, as well as strategies and tips for better execution.
Blocker techniques involve anticipating tips, staying close to the net, and proper hand positioning. Reading skills of opposing team’s hitters and avoiding touching the net are also important aspects.
When blocking, palms should face the net, elbows should be bent, and hands should be in front of the face. Spread fingers can cover a wide space, while angling hands towards the middle of the opponent’s court can increase ball rebound.
Jumping in unison for double or triple block is advised to maximize effectiveness. It is crucial to practice and plan strategically to manipulate opponent’s hitting choices.
Blocking before the hitter has a chance to strike is not allowed, and it is important to emphasize the power of blocking. Strong passing skills are essential for setting up teammates.
Strategies and Tips
Strategically using blocking can manipulate an opposing team’s hitting choices and is an important part of successful play. Practice and strategic planning are key to successful blocking, as is understanding the power and importance of the technique. It is important to adhere to the rules while blocking, and to avoid impeding the opponent’s ability to hit.
In order to maximize the benefit of blocking, the following strategies and tips should be incorporated into play:
- Anticipate tips by watching the hitter’s arm
- Stay close to the net and be alert
- Employ proper hand positioning
- Read the skills of the opposing team’s hitters
These strategies and tips can help players to improve their blocking skills and help teams to gain a competitive edge in the game.
Other Key Points
In addition to blocking strategies and techniques, other key points to consider when playing volleyball include:
- The importance of strong passing skills in order to set up teammates.
- The site’s knowledge and expertise in helping players, parents, and coaches improve their game.
- The site is owned and operated by Lacroix Digital LLC and participates in affiliate programs and partners with an advertising company.
- All images on the site are owned or licensed.
Additionally, the site emphasizes:
- The power and importance of blocking.
- The importance of practice and strategic planning.
- Rules must be followed and opponents should not be impeded from hitting.
- Utilizing blocking strategically can also manipulate opponents’ hitting choices.
- The site provides tips and strategies to improve blocking skills.